Friday, February 15, 2008

13 February 2008 - Snow Tongue


This weeks drawing choice comes from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's pages. A lovely young child trying with all their might to attain the ever allusive snow flake on the tongue. "A child with a taste for winter catches a few snow flakes on E. Locust St. near N. Maryland Ave. on Tuesday." Welcome to the headlines in Wisconsin. This Sunday is set for another major snowstorm. I am sure I will get the taste for snow out of my system before too long. As you can see, I have traded my individual pages of watercolor paper to a sketchbook/pad. I am enjoying the off white color and smooth texture of the paper as well as the fact that they drawings are all together, 24 of them at least. One day got ahead of the next already, but I think that will make for a story later. The end result will probably be empty sketchbooks anyway when the pages are removed for display (on not display,a book of sketches is a nice addition to my collection).

Frank

No comments: