Friday, January 4, 2008

Resolutions for 2008


Welcome to the Juxtaposition of Color blog. I hope, over the next year, to contribute my share of good will, curious anecdotes, links to web sites that I have found interesting and artwork of my own and others. To begin the year, please look at, buy for yourself and another as a gift the book "The Faith Between Us" by Peter Bebergal and Scott Korb.

Resolutions... Last year's went pretty well. Two of five didn't get accomplished, but being more patient with those I love is always a struggle and reading for 15 minutes a day, which seems like an easy thing to do, wasn't. 2007 was full of running. I ran and ran and ran and ran! This year, I'll begin with running 20 miles a week (that's a bit more than I am currently running, but down from my September numbers) and see where I go from there. I will maintain my well earned weight, and not lose any more. From January 1, 2007 to January 1, 2008, I lost 40 pounds, just by running and being conscious of my diet. I will continue to draw one portrait, every day, until June 19, and then I will reflect upon the 365 portraits and consider what to fill my next year with beginning June 20 (my birthday) and I will post my favorite from that week here. I will create 1 large scale work of art every 2 months. Drawings, paintings, whatever vein I choose, I will set a goal of 6 new, major works this year. Last year it all got done in a one month spurt, and I need to get to the studio more often. Of course, more patience with those I love, I will not take them for granted.

That's five resolutions. Five is a good number.

I look forward to a great 2008, and I wish you well and God's blessings.

No comments: